Thursday, August 27, 2015

And now we are ending August.

Fin.
Finished a project, a utility box in Reseda, CA.


https://www.flickr.com/photos/chloe-and-ivan/albums/72157652109400216

Back to normal for me to be painting outside in the Summertime.
Back home in New England, public projects are all racing the weather.
I had a few Summertime murals.
Over here in Cali, like the year round growing season, there is a year round painting season.
Only this year they are predicting an El Nino, so I'd better be quick with the next box.
Taco pictures are interspersed with pictures of the box.


Those beautiful tacos were usually $1.85.
There is no fast food chain that can compare with those tacos.
On the day that I ordered my taco the woman who often has put my to go plate together spoke to me. My Spanish is not good.
This was the first time my taco place said that they knew where I was going and what I was doing.
She asked if I was the painter.
In Spanish.

I told her yes, Si.
I can understand and read more Spanish than I can speak.
It was heartwarming to hear her speak of the box.
She thanked me, and I thanked her.
My neighbors. Neighbors of the box.

One day soon I will take the real camera over there and document.
Most of this was shot on the phone.
I work all day, 6 days a week. So the project took forever, painting after work.
Not a schedule I would choose.
But the box is done.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/chloe-and-ivan/20826090165/in/album-72157652109400216/
Antigraffiti coating coming up.

The sketch for my next box has been approved.
Have a friend nearby whose box has raised the bar.
Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment